Cooler temps are almost here and that means it’s time to inspect your home. See our list below for a few tasks to make sure you are ready!
Here is a list of a few things you can do to make sure your home is ready for the cooler months ahead!
- Deep clean your carpets – Warm weather allows your carpets to dry quicker. Clean carpets are a good way to get ready for the next season!
- Clean your bathroom exhaust fans – These fans help remove odors, moisture and pollutants. Cleaning the bathroom fans is an important home maintenance task.
- Prune bushes, plants and dead tree branches – With the dry and warm weather, it’s a perfect time to go outside and get rid of the dead branches and clean up the bushes and plants.
- Inspect basement and crawl spaces for moisture – Moisture in the basement can be very bad news leading to structural damage and airborne toxins, i.e. mold.
- Finish outdoor projects
- Clean and organize your garage
- Inspect your roof – Look for shingles that are loose, damaged flashing and any other issues before the cold weather is here.
- Check your washing machine connections – Make sure to check that the water supply hoses are in good condition. If worn, be sure to replace.
- Clean out the roof gutters – Clean gutters help direct water away from your home. Remove debris that can cause water to collect in the gutter and around your home foundation.
- Prep your furnace for winter – Regular check-ups and inspection can help not only save you money but ensure that your furnace is in proper working order.
Did you inspect your gutters and roof and notice significant damage that you would like a professional to evaluate? Reach out to us today if you need vendor suggestions.
Ryan Reynolds Team, LLC : Unlimited Opportunities, Exceptional Experiences