Fall is the perfect time of year to make sure all your home maintenance projects are complete before winter is upon us! Check out this tips!
Preventative maintenance is key!
1. Check your windows and doors. Make sure there are no cracks or leaks that would allow air to come in – this could help you save on energy bills
2. Clean your HVAC. By having your HVAC cleaned twice a year (Spring and Fall), this can help extend the life of the unit. Your furnace filters should also be changed every 2 months.
3. Fireplace safety check. Perform a visual inspection and make sure it’s in working order and functioning before winter. Look up inside your fireplace flue to make sure the damper properly opens and closes.
4. Clean your water heater. This can be done by draining it and allowing the tank to empty completely. This allows the tank to get rid of any buildup.
5. Remove garden hoses. Leaving hoses attached can cause water to back up and potentially cause pipes to crack if temps fall to freezing. Empty completely and remove from spigot.
6. Roof check. Check for missing shingles. Also make sure the gutters are cleared of leaves and debris.
7. Clean out your garage. Make sure unused gas is removed from the lawn mower and stored properly; this can prevent sediment and keeping your equipment from being ruined.
Interested in a professional to help you but don’t know where to begin. Give us a call today and we can help!
Ryan Reynolds Team, LLC : Unlimited Opportunities, Exceptional Experiences