With Winter finally behind us – it’s time to inspect your home and prepare for the warm weather!
Here is a list of a few things you can do to make sure your home is ready for the warm months ahead!
- Inspect your roof – Examine the roof for missing or damaged shingles.
- Clean the gutters – Inspect for loose or leaking gutters. Make sure they are clear and free of debris.
- Inspect the concrete – Take a look for any cracks or movement. You can fill in cracks with a concrete filler or a silicone caulk.
- Test your outside faucets – Make sure they do not have damage from the cold temps.
- Give your A/C some TLC – Have a qualified heating and cooling contractor clean and service the outside A/C system. Change the interior filter regularly.
- Check your deck – Take a look for any water stains, warping or discoloration. Perform necessary maintenance to secure any railings and stairs. If you find any rotting boards, replace them.
- Inspect your woodwork – If you have any rails, fences or other wood structures, check for damage and repair as needed.
- Check seals around windows and doors – Winter temps can crack or harden caulk. Inspect, repair or replace as needed.
- Clear up your landscaping – Get rid of any dead grass and layer fresh topsoil and reseed if needed.
- Examine the chimney – Examine the exterior for any damage. Make sure to have the flue cleaned and inspected by a certified chimney sweep.
- Check the attic – Take a look for any obstructions over venting, damaged panels and roof flashing leaks. Make sure to wear long sleeves and gloves to protect yourself from insulation.
- Replace rotted siding or trim – Replace and paint any trim or siding that has started to rot or fall apart.
Did you inspect your gutters and roof and notice significant damage that you would like a professional to evaluate? Reach out to us today if you need vendor suggestions.
Ryan Reynolds Team, LLC : Unlimited Opportunities, Exceptional Experiences