October is fire prevention month. As cold weather approaches, now is the time to prepare for fire safety awareness. Here is a list of a few things you can do to help protect your home.
- Make sure you have smoke detectors on every level of your home; including inside and outside bedrooms.
- Replace your smoke detectors. These are supposed to be replaced once every 10 years. Check out Ryan’s quick tip https://youtu.be/4JoPQ425hC4 and be sure to follow the manufacturer instructions when replacing.
- Have carbon monoxide detectors on every level of your home and inside every bedroom.
- Place one fire extinguisher on every level as well as in the kitchen and garage.
- Have an escape plan. This should included at least two ways to exit every room in your home.
- Have a meeting spot selected. Make sure it’s a safe distance away from your home.
Ryan Reynolds Team, LLC : Unlimited Opportunities, Exceptional Experiences