Happy Thanksgiving from the Ryan Reynolds Team! This year we wanted to share some of our favorite holiday recipes. We hope this inspires you if you’re having trouble deciding on what to bring to your family gatherings this year.
Monica’s Baked Brie
– 10 sheets of phyllo dough (thawed)
– Wheel of brie cheese
– Fig or raspberry preserves
– Butter (melted)
– French baguette
– Set oven to 400 degrees
– Butter each sheet of phyllo dough. Stack 5 on top of each other horizontally. Layer the remaining sheets (5) vertically
– Place the wheel of cheese in the center of the phyllo sheets. Top with your preserves
– Fold the phyllo sheet corners over the brie. Brush with melted butter
– Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes
Jillian’s Sweet Potato Casserol
– 5 TBSP unsalted butter, softened & cut into 5 pieces
– 1/2 C flour
– 1/2 C dark brown sugar
– 1/4 TSP salt
– 5 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
– 2 TSP salt
– 1/2 TSP ground nutmeg
– 1/2 TSP black pepper
– 1 TBSP vanilla extract
– 4 TSP juice from 1 lemon
– 4 large egg yolk
– 1 1/2 C half and half
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees
– Butter 13×9 inch baking dish
– In a food processor, mix flour, brown sugar & salt
– Sprinkle butter pieces over flour mixture and mix until crumbly mass forms
– Split 1/2 of yams
– Add melted butter, salt, nutmeg, pepper, vanilla, & lemon juice to 1/2 of the potatoes & mix until smooth
– Taste for sweetness, then add up to 4 TBS of sugar, then add yolks
– With processor running, pour half and half in and blend
– Pour filling into baking dish & sprinkle streusel on top
– Bake until topping is browned & filling is slightly puffy around the edges, about 40-45 minutes
– Let cool before serving!
Amanda’s Bacon Brussel Sprouts
– 1 LB bacon
– 2 LB brussel sprouts
– Vegan chickenless seasoning salt
– Crushed red pepper
– Add bacon to air fryer basket & cook on 350 degrees for 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
– Trim brussel sprouts and cut in half. Place in a large bowl
– Lightly spray brussel sprouts with coconut oil, then season to taste with vegan chickenless seasoning salt & crushed red pepper
– Remove bacon from air fryer, and cut each piece into three. Add bacon to brussel sprouts & toss.
– Add bacon & brussel sprouts to air fryer basket. Cook on 400 degrees for 20 minutes, tossing occassionally.
– Ensure evenly cookd & serve hot!
Juli’s Turkey Stuffing
– 1 dozen eggs
– 1 TSP salt
– 1 1/2 C butter or margarine
– 1 small onion
– Bread crumbs
– In a small or medium sized skillet, melt the butter or margarine. Add chopped onion and cook until the onion are a light golden brown. Remove the onion with a slotted spoon and keep them in a small dish. Then add bread crumbs to the butter left in the skillet until all of the butter is soaked up. Cook this mixture over low heat until golden brown. Be careful and do not let it burn – stir frequently! This should be a thick mixture. When brown, add the onions and let cool.
– In a large bowl, beat all of the eggs. Add some parsley, salt and some pepper to taste. When the onion mixture is cool, add it to the eggs and mix well. It will resemble a thick batter. Now pour or scoop this into the turkey cavity. Be sure and have the turkey sewn at the tail so nothing runs out.
– When filling the bird, prop it up so you can pour the filling in or have another person help hold it upright. Now you will need to sew the cavity opening closed so nothing runs out during cooking. Have a long needle and some quilting thread on hand for this. Sew the opening closed, and tie it off good. If there is any left over, you can bake it along side the turkey for about 1/2 hour or until cooked firm.
I think this recipe is for about a 12 – 15 pound bird, so anything larger will require more eggs. Also, the cavity size varies from one turkey to the next. The amount of bread crumbs will also depend on how much melted butter is in the skillet. Just add the crumbs until all the butter is soaked up.
Ryan’s Orange Cranberry Relish
– One 12-ounce package of fresh cranberries
– 2 navel oranges, with peels, washed & cut into chunks
– ½ C sugar (Or up to 1 full C) to taste
– Using a food processor, pulse the cranberries and oranges.
– Transfer the chopped fruit to a 1-quart bowl and add 1/2 cup of the sugar, stirring to mix.
– Add more sugar to taste.
Bethany’s Dinner Rolls
– 1 1/4 C warm water
– 1/4 C sugar
– 2 TBSP yeast (I use instant)
– 1/3 Coil
– 1 TSP salt
– 1 egg
– 3 1/2 C flour
– Dissolve yeast in warm water and sugar in a large bowl. Add in oil, salt, egg and flour until combined. (Add a little extra flour if dough is too sticky.)
– Shape immediately into about 15 rolls and place in a greased 9×13″ cake pan. Let rise for about 15-20 minutes.
– Preheat oven to 375ºF. Bake rolls for about 15-20 minutes. Spread butter on the tops of cooked rolls for a finishing touch. Enjoy!
Joan’s Taco Pie
– 2 lbs ground meat or ground impossible meat
– 4 packages of crescent rolls or sheets
– Roma tomatoes
– Shredded lettuce
– Shredded cheddar or Mexican blend
– Favorite corn chips
– Taco sauce
– Taco seasoning
– Line a glass baking dish with crescent rolls.
– Bake for about 10 minutes to partially bake the crust before adding the taco pie ingredients.
– Brown the ground meat and add taco seasoning. Follow directions of taco seasoning packet. You can add black beans, diced peppers and rice to the “meat” mixture too if you want less meat texture in it.
– In baking dish with partially baked crescent crust combine crushed tortilla chips, ground meat, and shredded cheese
– Bake at 350 degrees for another 15 minutes or until edges of crescent crust are brown. Substitutions can be Impossible meat, vegan cheese. Nothing tastes as good as Crescent rolls, but if you have a gluten free need, a cauliflower pizza crust works great for this. Looks different, but tastes great!
– Serve with chilled toppings of diced tomato, sour cream, taco sauce. We’ve added fresh guacamole before too for a cold topping!
I usually buy too many crescent rolls. I never remember how many per “pie.” Leftovers are a must for this dish, so I made 2 or 3 pans of it.
Nikki’s Perfect Pusser’s Rum Painkiller
– Pineapple Juice
– Pulp free orange Juice
– Cream of coconut
– Pusser’s Rum (or another dark rum if you can’t find Pusser’s)
– Grated nutmeg
– Create the Painkiller mix: Mix 12 oz of pineapple juice, 3 oz of cream of coconut and 3 oz of orange juice (serves 4)
– Fill glasses with ice (about 1/3 of the glass)
– Pour in the rum (about half way up the ice)
– Add Painkiller mix
– Sprinkle with nutmeg
Mandy’s Pomegranate Mule
– 1 ½ oz 100% pomegranate juice
– 1 oz vodka
– 1 oz ginger beer
– Pomegranate Seeds (Optional)
For rosemary ginger sugar rim
– 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
– 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
– ¼ cup granulated sugar
To make rosemary ginger sugar for the rims
Finely chop fresh rosemary and grate fresh ginger. Mix with sugar and place on a small plate. Wet the rims of empty glasses and dip them into the sugar mixture. Fill glasses with ice.
To make a single drink
Add vodka and pomegranate juice to a cocktail glass filled with ice. Add ginger beer and stir. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
Phil’s Banana Bread
– 2 C all-purpose flour
– 1 TSP salt
– 2 TSP baking soda
– 1 C butter or margarine
– 2 C white sugar
– 2 C mashed overripe bananas
– 4 eggs, beaten
– 1 C chopped walnuts
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour
two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
– Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth. Stir in the bananas, eggs, and walnuts until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir just until blended. Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
– Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely. Wrap in aluminum foil to keep in the
moisture. Ideally, refrigerate the loaves for 2 hours or more before serving.
– Hide it from yourself, your spouse, kids, neighbors and contractors who may be downwind until ready to serve.
– Cut at the last possible moment, and finally,
– Pre-print 8 or 10 small recipe sheets and leave them everywhere, otherwise you’ll have lots of people bugging you for the recipe.
Jillian’s Pumpkin Roll
– 3 eggs
– I C sugar
– 3/4 C flour
– 1/2 TSP cinnamon
– 1/2 TSP pumpkin pie spice
– 1 TSP baking soda
– 2/3 C pumpkin
– 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
– 12 OZ softened cream cheese
– 2 TSP vanilla
4 TBSP softened butter
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Beat eggs for 5 minutes, or until fluffy. Add sugar and beat well. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then gradually add to egg mixture. Once mixed, fold in pumpkin.
– Spray 15×10 inch jelly roll pan with cooking spray, then spread batter evenly in pan. Bake for 15 minutes, then invert onto a powdered sugar covered non-terry type cloth and roll up. Allow to cool on wire rack.
– Mix together filling ingredients. Unroll cooled loaf. Spread the filling on one side then re-roll the loaf.
Amanda’s Turkey Pot Pie – Perfect for your leftover turkey!
– 8 OZ English peas
– 4 carrots, chopped
– 3 celery stalks, chopped
– 2/3 onion, chopped
– 4 cloves garlic, chopped
– 1/3 C butter
– 1/3 C flour
– 1/2 TSP salt
– 1/4 TSP pepper
– 1 3/4 C chicken broth
– 2/3 C milk
– 3 C cooked turkey
– 1 egg
– 1 box Pillsbury pie crusts, softened
– Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and brown, about one minute, careful not to burn. Add flour, salt and pepper and cook until mixture bubbles, stirring occasionally. Add carrots and peas, then remove from heat.
– Add broth and milk, then heat to a boil and stir for one minute. Add turkey then remove from heat.
– Preheat oven to 420 degree and grease your pie plate with butter. Roll 1 pie crust and insert into pie plate, then add turkey mixture. Place second crust on top, fluting the edges and cutting vents in the center.
– Bake for about 35 minutes. Take egg and whisk together for egg wash, then brush the wash onto the top of the pie. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
– Let cool prior to serving.
What are you planning on cooking up this year for Thanksgiving? Leave us a comment – We’d love to hear from you!
Ryan Reynolds Team, LLC : Unlimited Opportunities, Exceptional Experiences